- Boards & Commissions
- Elder Affairs Commission
Elder Affairs Commission
The Elder Affairs Commission meets on the second Monday of every month at 3:00 P.M.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available by request following approval.
- Pamela Bussey, Chairman
- Helen Burns, Member
- Marjorie Smith, Vice Chair
- Minaz Manekia, Member
- Catharine Williams, Member
- Rocky Graves, Member
- Stephen Saker, Member
- Advise the City Commission on senior citizen needs and programs and make recommendations regarding the Lake Mary Senior Center and its funding
- Support the city’s senior citizen activities through fundraising and applications for state and federal grants
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to the City Commission on programs that will help senior citizens in the future to include initiatives such as "Communities for a Lifetime"
- Provide awareness to the city’s seniors of programs and services that educate, protect and assist with personal welfare issues including, but not limited to, personal security, wellness, mobility, and personal independence
- Serve as a liaison for the city with Seminole County, the state legislature, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, and other local or state agencies that provide support, services, or general information for the benefit of seniors
Sections 30.90 - 30.93, Lake Mary Code of Ordinances. 7 citizens of the City of Lake Mary at least 3 of whom are sixty years of age or older. Up to 3 of the 7 members may reside within unincorporated areas of Lake Mary, 3-year terms.